D. Peer Review
This journal accepts research based papers, literature reviews, case studies, or any scientific articles that should meet both technical and substantial standards in the field of media and communication. This journal accepts only submission written in Bahasa Indonesia or in English. All the submission reviewing, and publication procces should be conducted based on OJS.
Authors must be registered and have own account in this journal before submitting articles. For registration details, please refer to this page. If there is more than one author then all the authors should be register before submitting the articles. One author has been designated as the corresponding author with contact details such as affiliation postal and valid email addresses. For online submition detail please refer to this page.
Authors should ensure the articles submitted to this journal has not published yet and not being reviewed in other journals. For more information refer to this page. Author(s) approves that published scientific work/manuscript is subject to license of Creative Common Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0.
The quality of each articles will be reviewed by editors and reviewers. Editors will judge submissions on the following criterias:
- Aim/scope of the submission is clearly defined.
- Scientifically relevant methodologies used and adequately described.
- Results of interest to a particular niche/broad community and have not been published previously.
- Conclusions are supported by the presented data.
- Submission is well written and logically constructed.
Each articles will be reviewed by at least two reviewers through Double Blind Review. Peer Review processes refer to this page. Acceptance or rejection will be under the following provision:
- The topic of submission is in accordance with scope of Diakom : Jurnal Media dan Komunikasi.
- Fulfillment of the standards/requirements of publication especially that are stated in this guidelines.
- Contribution of research to the society, development of technology and policy in the field of Media and Communication.
Acceptance or rejection of the articles will be notified on OJS and email.
Ethics in publishing
Please see our information pages on Publication Ethics (see more information) for journal publication.
All authors should have made substantial contributions to all of the following:
- The conception and design of the study, or acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data.
- Drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content.
Changes to authorship
Authors are expected to consider carefully the list and order of authors before submitting their manuscript and provide the definitive list of authors at the time of the original submission. Any addition, deletion or rearrangement of author names in the authorship list should be made only before the manuscript has been accepted and only if approved by the journal Editor.
To request such a change, the Editor must receive the following from the corresponding author: (a) the reason for the change in author list and (b) written confirmation (e-mail, letter) from all authors that they agree with the addition, removal or rearrangement. In the case of addition or removal of authors, this includes confirmation from the author being added or removed.
Only in exceptional circumstances will the Editor consider the addition, deletion or rearrangement of authors after the manuscript has been accepted. While the Editor considers the request, publication of the manuscript will be suspended. If the manuscript has already been published in an online issue, any requests approved by the Editor will result in a corrigendum.
Authors own the copyright and are fully responsible to any possible copyright infringement in the future.
As an author, you (or your employer or institution) have certain rights to reuse your work. More information.
This is an open access journal: all articles will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read and download (see more information). Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work Creative Commons Attribution License.
Please write your text in good Bahasa Indonesia (EYD) or English. Every article accepted by Diakom : Jurnal Media dan Komunikasi shall be an object to Grammarly® writing-enhancement program conducted by the Editorial Board.
Please submit, with the manuscript, the names, institution, addresses, and e-mail addresses of two potential referees. Suggested reviewers should have similar expertise with the topic of the paper and should not have any conflict of interest with the submitted paper or author/coauthor of the paper. Suggested reviewers should also not listed as Editorial Board of Diakom : Jurnal Media dan Komunikasi. Note that the editors retain the sole right to decide whether or not the suggested reviewers are assigned.
- Manuscript has been 'spell checked' and 'grammar checked'.
- All references mentioned in the Reference List are cited in the text, and vice versas.
- Journal policies detailed in this guide have been reviewed.
- Referee suggestions and contact details provided, based on journal requirements.
- Prepare and submit your article based on the journal's template which can be found here.
- The article contains 4,000-6,000 words(excl. abstract, references, acknowledgement, embedded figures and tables, and any appendix).
- The article should be written using Microsoft Office Word(.doc/.docx) on A4 size paper. Please follow the rules regarding font's size, type, spacing, style as used in the template.
- Title, Abstract and Keywords. Title, Abstract and Keywords must be written in bilingual. However, If none of Authors is native Indonesian speaker, you are allowed to leave all Indonesian parts blank.
- The title is written using Times New Roman 14, bold, center aligned.
- Abstracts consists of 100- 200 words, Times New Roman,10, 1-spaced, contains the essence of the article and includes a brief background, objectives, methods and results or findings of the study. Abstract is written in one paragraph.
- Keywords are written in Indonesia and English 3-5 words/phrases, Times New Roman, 10, and consist of important words/phrases from the article.
- Author's name, affiliation, affiliation address and email. State clearly and include country's name on your affiliation address.
- The body of article should be in two coloumn, 11, Times New Roman, Justify alignment. The body of article should encompases of:
- Introduction. State adequate background, issues, objectives, and literature review. Avoid a detailed literature survey or a summary of the results. Explain how you addressed the problem and clearly state the aims of your study.
- Method. Diakom : Jurnal Media dan Komunikasi is a scientific journal, so the used method is the scientific method in the form of study of literature, observation, surveys, interviews, Focus Group Discussion, system testing or simulation and other techniques commonly used in the world of research. It is also recommended to describe analysis techniques used briefly and clearly, so that the reader can easily understand.
- Result and Discussion. Results should be clear, concise and not in the form of raw data. Discussion should explore the significance of the results of the work, not repeat them. Avoid extensive citations and discussion of published literature. Diakom : Jurnal Media dan Komunikasi will do the final formatting of your paper.
- Conclusion. Conclusion should lead the reader to important matter of the paper. Authors are allowed to include suggestion or recommendation in this section. Write conclusion, suggestion and/or recommendation in narrative form (avoid of using bulleting and numbering).
- Acknowledgments. It is highly recommended to acknowledge a person and/or organizations helping author(s) in many ways. Sponsor and financial support acknowledgments should be included in this section. Should you have lots of parties to be acknowledged, state your acknowledgments only in one paragraph. Avoid of using bulleting and numbering in this section.
Diakom : Jurnal Media dan Komunikasi uses an online submission and review system. The submission and peer review of every article must be managed using this system and based on following Peer Review Policy.
- Diakom : Jurnal Media dan Komunikasi Board is responsible for the selection of papers and selection of reviewers.
- Articles must typically be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers.
- Reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors, and authors are also unaware of the identity of reviewers (double blind peer review method).
- Reviewing process will consider novelty, objectivity, method, scientific impact, conclusion, and references.
- Editor is responsible for the final decision regarding the submission based on reviewer’s recommendation. The Editor's decision is final.
- Diakom : Jurnal Media dan Komunikasi Editorial Board shall protect the confidentiality of all material submitted to the journal and all communications with reviewers.
Complete Peer Review Policy can be found on Peer Review Policy page More information.
Corresponding authors will receive an e-mail with a link to our online copyediting system, allowing annotation and correction of proofs online. The environment is similar to MS Word: in addition to editing text, you can also comment on figures/tables and answer questions from the Copy Editor. Web-based proofing provides a faster and less error-prone process by allowing you to directly type your corrections, eliminating the potential introduction of errors.
Please use this copyediting stage only for checking the typesetting, editing, completeness, and correctness of the text, tables and figures. Significant changes to the article as accepted for publication will only be considered at this stage with permission from the Editor.
It is important to ensure that all corrections are sent back to us in one communication. Please check carefully before replying, as the inclusion of any subsequent corrections cannot be guaranteed.
After online publication, further changes can only be made in the form of an Erratum, which will be hyperlinked to the article.
For inquiries relating to Diakom : Jurnal Media dan Komunikasi, please visit our secretariat at email@example.com. You can track accepted articles at http://jurnaldiakom.kominfo.go.id. E-mail alerts and notification will inform you of when an article's status has changed. Also accessible from here is information on copyright, frequently asked questions and more. Contact details for questions arising after acceptance of an article, especially those relating to proofs, will be provided by the publisher.
- As an author you (or your employer or institution) may do the following:
- Make copies (print or electronic) of the article for your own personal use, including for your own classroom teaching use;
- Make copies and distribute such copies (including through e-mail) of the article to research colleagues, for the personal use by such colleagues (but not commercially or systematically, e.g. via an e-mail list or list server);
- Present the article at a meeting or conference and to distribute copies of the article to the delegates attending such meeting;
- For your employer, if the article is a ‘work for hire’, made within the scope of your employment, your employer may use all or part of the information in the article for other intra-company use (e.g. training)
- Retain patent and trademark rights and rights to any process, procedure, or article of manufacture described in the article;
- Include the article in full or in part in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially);
- Use the article or any part thereof in a printed compilation of your works, such as collected writings or lecture notes (subsequent to publication of the article in the journal); and prepare other derivative works, to extend the article into book-length form, or to otherwise re-use portions or excerpts in other works, with full acknowledgement of its original publication in the journal;
- May reproduce or authorize others to reproduce the article, material extracted from the article, or derivative works for the author’s personal use or for company use, provided that the source and the copyright notice are indicated, the copies are not used in any way that implies Puslitbang APTIKA & IKP Kominfo endorsement of a product or service of any employer, and the copies themselves are not offered for sale;
- All copies, print or electronic, or other use of the paper or article must include the appropriate bibliographic citation for the article’s publication in the journal.
- Although authors are permitted to re-use all or portions of the article in other works, this does not include granting third-party requests for reprinting, republishing, or other types of re-use. The authorization of third parties to reproduce or otherwise use all or part of the article (including figures and tables), should be prior with formal corespondences with head of Center for Research and Development on Informatics Applications and Public Information and Communications (Puslitbang APTIKA & IKP). For more information please email to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject : Request third party.
- Personal Servers. Authors and/or their employers shall have the right to post the accepted version of articles pre-print version of the article, or revised personal version of the final text of the article (to reflect changes made in the peer review and editing process) on their own personal servers or the servers of their institutions or employers without permission from Puslitbang APTIKA & IKP Kominfo, provided that the posted version includes a prominently displayed Puslitbang APTIKA & IKP Kominfo copyright notice and, when published, a full citation to the original publication, including a link to the article abstract in the journal homepage. Authors shall not post the final, published versions of their papers;
- Classroom or Internal Training Use. An author is expressly permitted to post any portion of the accepted version of his/her own articles on the author’s personal web site or the servers of the author’s institution or company in connection with the author’s teaching, training, or work responsibilities, provided that the appropriate copyright, credit, and reuse notices appear prominently with the posted material. Examples of permitted uses are lecture materials, course packs, e-reserves, conference presentations, or in-house training courses;
- Copyright on any article is retained by the author(s).
- Author grant the journal, right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
The article and any associated published material is distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.